Reduce size of everything?

jonkovach

Is there a way to reduce the size of everything in Quark without messing up the text formatting, crop mark locations, etc....?

Basically, I have a 24" x 18" panel. I want to reduce everything about 2%, but keep the crop marks at 24" x 18" - therefore I cannot do it through the print dialog. If this were InDesign, I know I could select all, and scale.... but can I do that in Quark without affecting the text, or anything else?? I want to scale from the center of the page.

Thanks!
Jon

Re: Reduce size of everything?

If your using QX7 and have downloaded the free Xpert Tools Extensions from Quarks' web site, you can use "Xpert Scale" (under the Window menu) to do your scaling. It does not do it from the center, but you could shift everything the necessary amount after the scaling is complete.

Good luck.

Wait, it will scale from center if it's check to do so in the Xpert Scale Preferences.

Edited by: GinSu on Jun 19, 2008 3:16 PM

>Make a PDF and Place it in InDy.

That scales the text and he said he didn't want to affect the text.

Woo hoo - that is it!
Thanks so much - these tools look very, very helpful.

By the way, I don't mind if the text is scaled - I just don't want it to be reflowed. I know, obviously, that it either has to be scaled or resized, ore reflowed or something.... if you are making everything smaller.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

If it's only one page, try this...

select all the items you want to scale.
group them together (item - group)
re-select the group
hold down the following keys: ALT CTRL SHIFT, and tug at a control point to scale.
Everything will scale proportionately, fonts, graphics, etc.

If your crop marks are not part of the group, this should not pose any difficulties.
I'm out of ideas if your crops in are in the group.

You could also...
If it's 2 percent that you need, take a measurement of the item-group width.
let's say it's 7 inches. Do the math for the width, for example: 7 - (7 * 0.02) = 6.86
Now do the math for the height of the group.

Enter the new height and width into the measurement palette.
This will scale everything proportionately, as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back