Relocate to Nevada...need info.

PizzaMan

I am looking to relocated my "one man show" from New York City to Las Vegas. I have a 2-color Quickmaster, Stahl b-20, and CTP. Can anyone offer any suggestions and/or comments regarding setting up shop in any of the various counties in Las vegas? Most all of the work I produce is shipped via ups. Have established a comfortable base of customers that I can escape the stresses of living in NYC.

Last edited:
Really, Las Vegas isn't too different from anywhere else, despite the stereotypes. I would recommend setting up shop closer to the local residents as opposed to the touristy areas, because: 1. its cheaper over there and 2. tourists have 0 interest in printing when they are in Las Vegas. My company, Las Vegas Printing, is on Sahara st. and the location is pretty nice. If you are really just the one man show though you can go a bit further north and still do fine, while saving some money. Honestly if you made in NYC then Las Vegas should be no problem. Best of luck!!

Out of curiosity why are you relocating?

This might sound obvious but I would look for space near the main UPS office (that's south of McCarran airport) there's actually a few printers nearby.

There are so many reasons why we wish to re-locate; cost of living, the daily commute is brutal....even something as simple as parking is a nightmare, scenery, we have no children, time for a change, lost two of my closest friends to violent crime....Basically, NYC has sucked the life out of my wife and I. Fortunately we have made sound investments over the past few decades so we have a good cushion behind us and it is something we have always dreamed of. Central Florida was another consideration but the humidity is too intense, I have mild asthma. Plain and simple, my passion is work.....

Why Las Vegas if you want scenery, no crime, easy commute and yada yada's ? Why wouldn't you choose a more rural area that has potential ?

That is a good question. I am of the belief that crime is a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Living in NYC has afforded me the opportunity of doing business in some of the roughest areas of the country. Very often while watching the evening news my wife will say, "Isn't that where one of your pizza customers are?" I am in no way a cowboy, but I don't live my life in fear. Our business is weighted on orders via the internet so I am not looking to draw business from the area. That's not to say I would turn business away but we have a comfortable base and I wouldn't encroach on the other printers who are already well established. In fact, we would more likely refer customers to other printers in the area...that would be no different than what we do here in New York. As for a "more rural" area....What would you recommend?

Jim, 2 for 2....Yes no doubt about the shipping cost. Those are numbers that will most definitely require some "crunching"....Do you reside in the Vegas area?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back