Rena Mach 5 issue

camasprinter

We have a Mach 5 that I do nbot think is running its cleaning cycle as it should. Replaced a printhead and wiper assy. in April and already have streaky & blurred type, less then 15k imp. in that time. Dealer isn't much help. I just wonder if other owners have issues

We have a couple of Formax colormax 7s which are the same machines as the mach 5 with different stickers on the covers. I have used mine for 2 years now and found that the tech support is little help.

The manufacturer added those little plugs (as a "fix") into the print platen to hold the print head away from the platen when printing, but in solving one issue, it seems that has caused other issues such as ink spraying onto the platen while printing and then transferring to the substrate. Honestly, I think the platen needs to be redesigned.

As far as a normal cleaning cycle, you can manually full clean the print head in the toolbox. If you are getting blurred images, I would make sure that nothing is obstructing your platen when it comes up for printing. Also, try removing those little plug spacers on the platen sides. If you don't have those plug spacers, get some and add them. Perhaps the print head is too close to the platen in your case causing your issue. In the user interface make sure your kws setting is set to "light". It will leave a background ink spatter on your prints, but it will help to keep the nozzles in your print head flowing to avoid streaks. You may want to also log into the service menus in the toolbox (for formax the password is 630) and reset all factory defaults so you are starting from scratch. Lastly, reinstall the printer firmware.

I hope any of that helps. Good luck!

Attachments

• formax spacers.jpg
    formax spacers.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 187
Also.... make sure you leave the printer on all the time so it can cycle the pinch valve. If the pinch valve stays closed all the time it can create back pressure which can cause streaks and blurry images due to blow out of ink.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back