Replacing a belt on a GBC EP28 Pro Punch

bcr

The drive belt on our GBC EP28 Pro comb punch has gone and Acco/GBC are saying the machine is discontinued and no parts are available.

It's just a rubber belt and looks like a fairly generic component, I'd be surprised if it's a proprietary component specific only to that machine.

Many of you on here talk of keeping finishing equipment running for many decades. This machine is about 9 years old but hasn't been very heavily used, with a new belt I'm sure it'd go on for many more years.

So - what to do? Can I get the belt anywhere else? And how do you keep similar machines running when faced with similar responses from the manufacturer?

I’ve been able to measure toothed timing belts and order them from suppliers other than the dealer/OEM many times before. That is if the belt markings have been worn off and are not readable anymore. A few belt specs and you should be able to do the same. One of my suppliers is polybelt.com.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back