replacing print heads - how often?

caliban71

Hello all - I'm just curious to hear your experience on this, and different printer models. We're considering switching from using Canon IPF8000s's to a mix of HP z6100 and T1200 for advertisement poster printing and time-table type posters, respectively. We're trying to compare running costs right now. Our paper types won't likely change, and they're both inkjets with similar ink types. So we're looking at things like ease of use and consumables... it looks like HP's print heads are less expensive, but maybe require changing more often?

Any one have any experience with this, or ink consumption for that matter? I'd be interested in hearing some experience before making a recommendation.

Thanks in advance, hope this is a suitable place for this post... I'm not a desinger. more on the software and tech side.

JP

Ctp operator

Ctp operator

I have been using 2 Canon IPF8000S for more than a year now for double side printing . I like the final product and fast printing. The only thing is Ink are very expensive and they are using seven Ink cartridges compare for my first printer (HP Designjet 1050C) hold only 4 color cartridges using only 80 ml x 4 color per cartridges compare to Canon 700 ml per cartridges x 7 color. CANON Printhead is only 2 (left and right ) while HP is 4 91 each color.
CANON is the most expensive to maintain , quality is likely the same, speed is depend on the model. If have the choice i will choose HP. I change Printhead on the Canon just recently over a year of using it Hp is almost he same maintenace foe the head and they are cheaper.
Hopefully this helps you. If you have anymore question feel free to send me e-mail.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back