Replacing Xerox 700 with C75... or...

xcelprint

Hello all,

Once again, it is time to make a smart decision. So where do I turn? To all you great and wise folks who know all and see all in the world of digital printing.

It is time to replace our Xerox 700. Xerox is proposing a C75, with Fiery, and Finisher. Seems like a good set-up to me. My questions...

Should I be considering other brands? What machines compare and compete with the C75?

We have had excellent service and quality with the 700 for the past 5 years. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Robert

What are you planning on running most with this unit? The C75/J75 are being phased out and replaced with the Versant 80 & 80i. We have a J75 and are very unhappy with it, it is not working as it should with 14pt stock (mottly tints). The Versant series uses a different fuser system, it is a belt fuser and can handle 350 gsm weight stocks. I think price should be the same as the C75, when it was new.

Ricoh 7100, Canon C700/800, KM1070 - That would be the competition. Xerox will be releasing the Versant 80 soon which will either give you either a better option or it could drive down the price of the C75.

We run an assortment of job stocks. 100# Gloss Text, 80# Gloss cover, 60# Offset, usually 12x18. I asked the Xerox Agent about the Versant 80 and his reply was that it was probably not in the price range of the C75. He said it would be about April before it is released in my area. He said the lease payment on the Versant 80 would probably be 60-70% more than on the C75.

Interested in your comments. Thanks.

We run an assortment of job stocks. 100# Gloss Text, 80# Gloss cover, 60# Offset, usually 12x18. I asked the Xerox Agent about the Versant 80 and his reply was that it was probably not in the price range of the C75. He said it would be about April before it is released in my area. He said the lease payment on the Versant 80 would probably be 60-70% more than on the C75.

Interested in your comments. Thanks.

This is just simply looking at the Fuji/Xerox press releases for the Verant 80 and the C75. Price for C75 base config 6,300,000 yen, price for Versant 80 base config = 8,200,000.

So maybe a 20% increase.

This is just simply looking at the Fuji/Xerox press releases for the Verant 80 and the C75. Price for C75 base config 6,300,000 yen, price for Versant 80 base config = 8,200,000.

So maybe a 20% increase.

Thanks for the info. I am suspecting that maybe Xerox is pushing some C75 machines at better rates right now. I think it is probably a fine machine but something tells me I might want to wait on the Versant 80 option if I can get them to tell me what price it is going to be when it hits our market (and when). I think Xerox makes a good machine but it always turns me off when sales people push the item with comments like... "this deal is only for a limited time, you need to move on this now".

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. I am suspecting that maybe Xerox is pushing some C75 machines at better rates right now. I think it is probably a fine machine but something tells me I might want to wait on the Versant 80 option if I can get them to tell me what price it is going to be when it hits our market (and when). I think Xerox makes a good machine but it always turns me off when sales people push the item with comments like... "this deal is only for a limited time, you need to move on this now".

Thanks again.

What if the Versant 80 was the same price as the C75.....or maybe even a little cheaper???? And what if it was going to be available the later part of March?

I think it would be wise to at least look at it. Our C75 is a great machine, but why not wait a few more weeks before making such a big decision. I think you will be happy that you did. ;-)

Hello all,

Once again, it is time to make a smart decision. So where do I turn? To all you great and wise folks who know all and see all in the world of digital printing.

It is time to replace our Xerox 700. Xerox is proposing a C75, with Fiery, and Finisher. Seems like a good set-up to me. My questions...

Should I be considering other brands? What machines compare and compete with the C75?

We have had excellent service and quality with the 700 for the past 5 years. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Robert

Recently we replaced our aging Xerox 700 with a new Konica Minolta Bizhub C1100 press, and are very impressed with it. It is considerably faster than the 700, with very few jams. The quality of the printing is superior as well, and the quality of the machine itself seems very good. I love being able to duplex 130 lb stock!
Hope this helps some.

-Sev

What if the Versant 80 was the same price as the C75.....or maybe even a little cheaper???? And what if it was going to be available the later part of March?

I think it would be wise to at least look at it. Our C75 is a great machine, but why not wait a few more weeks before making such a big decision. I think you will be happy that you did. ;-)

Yes, I think that is wise advice. Thanks.:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back