Retrieving Archives from 2.5 to Prepress 6.0

JWPrepress

Just recently upgraded to Apogee 6.0 and having trouble pulling up our archives. Interestingly enough it will recover one and not the other eventhough both plans are currently active and fully operational on the older server. We archived 15 or so active jobs to the new server as a test and attempted to bring them into the new 6.0 system on the new server. They all would show up on the job log but approx 7 of them retained the unarchiving icon and would stay in this frozen mode indefinately or until the server is rebooted at which time they will disappear from the job list. Any thoughts or experience with this? I know it is tough coming from 2.5 to 6.0 but factor to think about is that Agfa has introduced 8 updates/versions in the past 4 years (not even microsoft exploits clients like that) also if it did not work, why do some import fine and others fail?

Thanks,
Jason :confused:

That's quite a jump in technology. I feel your pain, Agfa should have discussed this with you. 2.5 to 3.5 was a huge leap I doubt the archives would have worked trouble-free. We went from 2.1 to 3.5 and nothing transferred over. Good thing we had DQS and PrintDrive!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back