Reuse colors

bquarks

Hello folks,

For many years I worked in the flexo industry, one of the problems was that I used to have used the same plates for different jobs (like keeping CMY and only changing K and Pantone) and also how to reference these plates in MIS for future purposes, I case we need to rerun the job.

I would like to understand how the other company deals with this "problem".

You need a method (manual or electronic) to record plate usage data.
Such as age (when made), number of printings, impression count, press operator note on performance.
It may be better to change the entire set than just a single plate.

You need a method (manual or electronic) to record plate usage data.
Such as age (when made), number of printings, impression count, press operator note on performance.
It may be better to change the entire set than just a single plate.
Do you have this kind of case in-house.... do you reuse the plates?
Also, I do not know if is common you receive new artwork that can reuse old flexo plates
I had a solution to automate this process, but I left the company before starting the project ten years ago. Now, I am searching for suitable candidates.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back