Ricoh 7100 - blue light blinks but does not print

Iceprinter

Hello fellow printers.

My Ricoh 7100 is behaving strangely.

I put a job to print and it seems normal. Blue light on the machine blinks but the machine is idle and does not print.

Any ideas?

occasionally on my 7210 after performing a service it may act similarly - the solution for me has been to open and shut the print engine doors and or the door nearest the main paper trays.

Mine will do this if something is corrupt in the file I am trying to print from the fiery. Usually have to fix the file to get it to print.

Mine will do this if something is corrupt in the file I am trying to print from the fiery. Usually have to fix the file to get it to print.
Yes i have had that - but i am trying older files and it is all the same.
I am doing the updates on the Fiery and the patches. Had some long overdue updates. 12 patches.

occasionally on my 7210 after performing a service it may act similarly - the solution for me has been to open and shut the print engine doors and or the door nearest the main paper trays.
I opened the door next to the paper trays but the blue light goes on like nothing is wrong.

Once I got a running machine I stopped doing patches, I had so many I had to roll back from I stopped installing them. You might need to go back to a previous backup if you have installed updates and get this issue, it is a DFE issue.

Once I got a running machine I stopped doing patches, I had so many I had to roll back from I stopped installing them. You might need to go back to a previous backup if you have installed updates and get this issue, it is a DFE issue.
The issues where before. My tech guy told með to run the patches because of the problem.

When doing a full power cycle our tech has us also turn the power switch off behind the left door for 20 seconds then turn it back on, then turn the main power button on that is on top.

Tried all of the things above.
Fiery reboot and power cycle.
Could it be the fuser is not measuring the temp. right?

Strange...

Do you have glass on yours? Can you do copies?

Another test would be to print a test page. Click the fiery button on the user panel then go to the fiery logo button on top right then click printable info and try printing a PS test page.

Do you have glass on yours? Can you do copies?

Another test would be to print a test page. Click the fiery button on the user panel then go to the fiery logo button on top right then click printable info and try printing a PS test page.
Not even the text sheet works. Sama... the machine goes forward like she is going to print but nothing happens. This is like when you wait for a cold fuser.

Now we see that the Cyan was empty but showed 20%. I replaced the CMY toners who where low but the status bar on the machine shows the same status as before?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back