Ricoh 7210x - Skewing

jdodoubleg

I am having issues with skewing. I am printing 2 up tri-folds -2 sided on 100# glossy text. I have run the tray alignment many times. After the alignment I run my print and it doesn't line up. It is off about 2mm on half the sheet. I get it as close as I can, then let it run. This wouldn't be a huge issue, except for the fact I then tri-fold them. Half of the print turn out ok and the other half are about 2mm off. I adjust the folder to split the difference, but I'm just not happy with it. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks.

The machine has a sensor in it that will adjust automatically, not sure why you say you are printing more than you need unless you are doing it manually.

The machine has a sensor in it that will adjust automatically, not sure why you say you are printing more than you need unless you are doing it manually.
Maybe I am doing it wrong. Is the automatic adjustment detailed in the manual?

Not very clearly.

Make sure you have the paper you want to auto adjust in the LCIT tray.
Login as admin
Go into tray paper settings
Select the LCIT tray you have your paper in
Edit the paper settings
In the lower left hand corner you should see two boxes for running the auto adjust feature

It will run pages with crop marks for the built in scanner to read and make the needed adjustments and spit out a report at the end of what it changed.

Right after your fuser you should see a Black Bar, it has a green D3 label on it, that is your camera/scanner that scans the crop marks and auto adjusts.

I did a quick video on how to do it, I couldn't find anything online about it:

Wow! Thank you so much! I had no idea that button was there to do that. I ran the auto adjust, it proceeded just like yours did and now the skew is gone. How often do you need to do this would you say?

I only run it when I notice the paper is out of whack, usually on a tight margin job like you had. I will run it on new paper that I put in the catalog and very rarely do I have to run it again.

I am having issues with skewing. I am printing 2 up tri-folds -2 sided on 100# glossy text. I have run the tray alignment many times. After the alignment I run my print and it doesn't line up. It is off about 2mm on half the sheet. I get it as close as I can, then let it run. This wouldn't be a huge issue, except for the fact I then tri-fold them. Half of the print turn out ok and the other half are about 2mm off. I adjust the folder to split the difference, but I'm just not happy with it. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks.
Great Ricoh training and documentation strikes gain

That's nice. Our 7110x Doesn't have that bar. I have sheets where the crop marks on the bottom of the page (operator side) are dead on but the top are off. Or just skewed and we get them as close as possible. Tried everything and Now going to just delete some paper and set it up again so I can cross it off the list. Great info regardless, thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back