Ricoh 9200 Fine text issue

gtcrshr

Hi Everyone,

i have tried all i can think of to fix this,

it only occurs on coloured text, - black is fine for example

The one on top (rhs depending on how the image opens) is from our 5200 and looks perfect,

the other is from our 9200, colour is wrong and has that blur/ fade

any help would be appreciated

20241017_152753.jpg

In my experience - color issues aside - the transfer voltage and paper speed can cause the issue you are seeing.
Usually the trailing edge of an image but very visible on smaller images (text).
Some models of machine have huge issues with this. Our 72XX was notorious.
Not much can be done except by trial and error as many conditions effect the charging of the surfaces and transfer of the toner.
As an example run a half point line quarter inch grid in any color with some tinted fill. Should be really obvious.
YMMV

To me it looks like the newer machine is trying to print to fine a screen in to light a color. Change the halftone screen off the "200 dpi and fine text" setting under your image tab to say 175 without the fine text and you will see the solid darker text from the older machine.

To me it looks like the newer machine is trying to print to fine a screen in to light a color. Change the halftone screen off the "200 dpi and fine text" setting under your image tab to say 175 without the fine text and you will see the solid darker text from the older machine.
Thanks have tried this on all the options on that tab and makes no difference.

When we had similar issues on our xerox 1000i I would change it to best quality and it would be dramatically better. However this was set to best by default

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back