Ricoh 9200 & Xerox Iridesse Registration

Hello Everyone.
This is my 1st post here but I've been in the business for over 40 years.

We do a lot of offset work that we also foil and emboss in our letterpress department for our largest customer.
We would like to upgrade our digital to be able to move some of that work from offset.
We require excellent registration from the equipment we choose to do that.
Any experience or comments about either of these machines or others is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

We have just gotten a second hand 9100 and sheet to sheet registration is brilliant, 9200 is apparently a big upgrade from that too. Would depend how close register your foiling and embossing is.

I would say, try to go and get demos of the machine and take your own job to run and do a real life test.

We have a 9200, registration between sheets is excellent, although we did have some problems with long sheets skewing. You will need to do some work to ensure that the print size from the Ricoh matches the size of your embossing & foiling blocks.

I wouldn't let that influence a purchase, could happen to competitors next week. Concentrate on making sure machine can do what you need it to do.

I'm sure if you insist on extra toner when receiving the machine they'll suddenly be able to find some.

I wouldn't let that influence a purchase, could happen to competitors next week. Concentrate on making sure machine can do what you need it to do.
Agreed...we have Konica Minolta equipment, and they've had toner and waste bottle supply issues a couple of times this year.

Are you having issues with getting toner for your Iridesse?
Our last toner order took about a month before they shipped. We started keeping a reserve batch cause we saw this coming. Not sure if you noticed the same thing is happening with paper.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back