Ricoh C9200 Question

jkl67

We are in the process of getting a Ricoh C9200 installed and a salesperson had this question:
If I'm using a 300 dpi image at 100%, or a 600 dpi image (or larger) at 100%, will you be able to tell a quality difference on the C9200?

I have this question out to our Ricoh rep and one of their analyst....but figured I would put it out here too. I'm sure they'll have an answer for me tomorrow.

Thanks

I would say yes. While there are rapidly diminishing returns as you go over 300 dpi, I think 400 dpi would be recommended. That is what we use thought the average person isn't going to see the difference. Anything over that is a waste in my opinion.

The old rule of thumb was that the resolution should be 1.5-2 times your line screen. So for 200 screen frequency, 400 dpi would give the best results.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back