Ricoh GB5000 Perfect Binder

tshark

Anyone used one of these? I am trying to find out if it can be used offline and fed by hand as well as inline. Thanks.

Anyone used one of these? I am trying to find out if it can be used offline and fed by hand as well as inline. Thanks.

I don't believe it can. This is the in-line binder made by Canon and from what I understand, it has NO provisions for accepting an entire book block at once. It gathers them up sheet by sheet from the print engine. Even if you COULD detach it and run it off-line feeding one sheet in at a time, I'm sure that's not what you had in mind... ;)

If you find out otherwise, though, please share your discovery!

I'm also quite interested in hearing anybody's impressions of the quality of the binding out of these machines.

The Perfect Binder is an inline option only. As described previously, it takes each sheet from the printer and glue binds the sheets to make a book. The glue binding works very well. Check with your supplier, but I believe it can create approx. one book a minute subject to variables of what you are printing. If you need to print more than that, offline is the only option today.

Thanks for the replies. Why does it say "Transit type only GB5000" vs. GB5000? What is the difference? I am referring to the brochures and online info etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back