RIP for digitial press. here Phaser 7800

MonsterBabyBLN

hi community. im still not really comfy with my phasers color output.
the quality with EFI was better.. but EFI is too slow= unsable.

with oris CGS.. its never consistence.. printing pdfs sucks.. embedded profiles etc.

now printing from acrobat i chose my self made profile.. but colors look alike as without (shadows blocked).. and i cant choose a rendering intent..

which software do u use or recommend ?=

I am assuming when you say EFI your talking about the Fiery EX version. Were you aware that the Fiery FX (usually used for wide, large and grand format) has drivers for the Phaser 7800. The Fiery XF server can be installed on a computer of your choice. You can make it as powerful as you want it to be. The server can run on Windows or OS X with clients for Windows and OS X much the same way the EX RIP server/client setup is implemented.

thnx. yes i was talking about efi xf which is useless with the phaser as each page ev en copies take several minutes. a known problem.
other advices from users?

Hi, the problem with the Xerox Phaser 7800 is that Xerox do not provide EFI with a driver capable of bypassing the machine's internal RIP. So once the EFI software has rasterized the image and produced a massive processed file the job then has to be re-processed through the 7800 RIP. Select a high resolution within the EFI settings and you'll be waiting all day for the job to re-process on the 7800.

In contrast, the new OKI C931/ES9431 machine does not suffer from this because OKI allow EFI to bypass their internal RIP so once the EFI RIP has done its job and has sent it to the printer the job comes out moments later.

It's just frustrating that only Xerox's high-end machines work properly with external RIPs.

Cheers

Nick
Devil Ltd

Last edited:
Was looking to add a RIP to our 7800 so glad I found this post. We're having the same problems as MonsterB'. Is there a solution to help the 7800 with colour and speed? Any external rips that do work with it?
If not we may upgrade to low end production machine like Xerox C60 or Versant 80 press. Has anyone had any experience with either of these machines?

Was looking to add a RIP to our 7800 so glad I found this post. We're having the same problems as MonsterB'. Is there a solution to help the 7800 with colour and speed? Any external rips that do work with it?
If not we may upgrade to low end production machine like Xerox C60 or Versant 80 press. Has anyone had any experience with either of these machines?

Hi, sorry I only just spotted your email reply so hope it's not too late. Xerox purposely choose not to allow a method of getting around their internal RIP so you'd have to render at no higher than 600dpi (the "photo mode" is actually 600x600 by 8-bit anyway so should be fine).

However, personally I'd recommend the new OKI Pro9431 machine because it's more capable as a GA machine. Plus it's MASSIVELY cheaper to run than the 7800!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back