RIP Recommendations

bobtucker

I am hoping to get a recommendation for a RIP from some actual users.

Here is what I have:

1 - iGen4
1 - Indigo 5500
1 - Xerox Nuvera
2 - Cannon Imagerunner 125
1 - Mach 5/HJ950 Color Envelope Printer

Here is what I want from a RIP: (in order of importance)

Soft Proof Capabilities
Reliability that soft proof will match output (ie transparency issues)
ROOM/PDF workflow
basic imposition
jdf (for compatible machines)

If anybody has a recommendation for a RIP that you have had first hand experience with that would be great.

I have experience with Heidelberg and Rampage RIPS but both were in Offset environment. This is strictly digital output that I am looking for.

Thank in advance for your help!

Take a look at:
Apogee Prepress
Fuji XMF
Xitron Sierra Xenith
Founder Electronics Elecronc

Those aren't RIP, are full workflow software, they all have what you are looking for, are easy to use and reliability. They are also modular, just to fit you needs.
I think also at Prinergy, but I haven't seen it personally, so I can't express myself on it.
Consider that Agfa, Fuji and Xitron are based on Adobe Pdf Print Engine. Personally is fundamental nowadays working with pdf.

Your only option is probably a Fiery Rip but you will probably have a different Rip on each machine, I dont think a Nuvera supports Fiery. What have they got at the moment. You will need a Rip for digital presses.

We use Fiery's by EFI. Very powerful and a logical intuitive interface (Command Workstation).

All of our color printers are front-ended with Fiery so that there is uniform continuity between all printers. This simplifies the production process. Not sure they make RIPs for B&W printers, though.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back