Rip software

Mutz

I have a HP z6100 a hp5000 and a mimaki jv3-160sp running with postershop.
I absoluty hate the software... it's user interface isn't logical at all, it crahes all the time (costing money) and i can't even make my own icc-profiles with it without putting alot of money to buy production house...

Before the economocalypse i was dtp-operator on OSX, now i'm stuck between windows XP and lousy software. Is there any alternatives for postershop? Preferably osx software? Or a PC-program with a good UI?

Thanks in advance

Try Caldera (can instal on OSX or Kubuntu Lynux). We use Caldera for 2 years now, really work well. Drive 2 printers simultaneously (Z6100 and CP64). Weary easy to build icc with EasyMedia.

Alex

EFI Fiery XF can drive all 3 of your printers.
We have this product in over 500 sites driving HP printers (6100, 5000, 5500)today in the US.

To take a look at the GUI, you can see an online overview on our web site.

Feel free to contact me for details.

XF-Website_Demo

FineEye | EFI Fiery® XF

Caldera is a great software for running inkjet machines. It has a very friendly user interface and I've yet to see it have any serious issues. By far a much better UI than Postershop!
Call or write to me, I can arrange a demo.
KJ Saks
[email protected]
702-561-5936

Both the EFI software and Caldera software will run under the Mac OS. I am familiar with both RIPs, though I have much more experience with EFI (8 years). I have installed EFI for both the Z6100 and the DJ5000 with success. The EFI software also takes advantage of the embeddd spectro in the Z6100. I have also installed Postershop with Mimaki. I agree that the interface is a bit opaque. EFI's is much better in my opinion. Are you using an integrated cutter with the Mimaki? The current version of the EFI software doesn't support the integrated cutter.

If you'd like to discuss further or arrange a live demo, let me know.

Clark
415-382-8681
[email protected]

EFI Fiery XF can drive all 3 of your printers.
We have this product in over 500 sites driving HP printers (6100, 5000, 5500)today in the US.

To take a look at the GUI, you can see an online overview on our web site.

Feel free to contact me for details.

XF-Website_Demo

FineEye | EFI Fiery® XF

I second Ians view and the Efi rip can run on mac and windows with the same look and feel so you can switch easily
Edwin

an alternative

an alternative

Hello, As the CEO of Caldera, one of the few competitors of Onyx, I would definitely ask you to look at our solution, but also ask the community of our users about how efficient and powerful is our product. We are running under OS X and Linux as well. Feel free to evaluate it if you feel that the users answer is correct. Regards, Joseph

I have a HP z6100 a hp5000 and a mimaki jv3-160sp running with postershop.
I absoluty hate the software... it's user interface isn't logical at all, it crahes all the time (costing money) and i can't even make my own icc-profiles with it without putting alot of money to buy production house...

Before the economocalypse i was dtp-operator on OSX, now i'm stuck between windows XP and lousy software. Is there any alternatives for postershop? Preferably osx software? Or a PC-program with a good UI?

Thanks in advance

We use Shiraz, like all software it will have quirks - and its had a few, but work with it long enough and you can iron those out - be aware of them and prepare your workflow to accommodate. Make sure you have some support, and upgrades are recommended. Your platform also needs to be reasonably up to date and stable.
http://www.imagesetting.com

Last edited:
We use EFI Fiery XXL on a Vutek QS2000, Epson 10600, HP 5500 & HP Z6100. I've got to say after using it for 5 years its never had a hiccup.............knock on wood. The built it color manager and profile make are great

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back