Ripped PDF to Prinect workflow

M@CK

To make a long story short,
I hold files for one of my customers and he asks me to distribute them according to his print volumes, to a designated printer.
One of these printers uses Prinect and insists he can't run Screened PDF through Prinect and it will cause moire on Press.
Keep in mind this same file as also been supplied to other printers who had no issue with it....
Is there a license or a procedure to follow when trying to process Screened PDF through PRINECT ?????????

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Mack,
It's probably not Prinect per se; it's probably the resolution of the platesetter he's using.
I'd check to make sure everything matches resolution-wise (i.e. you're sending PDF with the same resolution that their device uses).
James

I believe the Printer needs to spend the money for the TIF license to take 1bit or 8bit TIFFs.
-
I just send the Signa imposed PDFs and let the printer be responsible for the screening.
You could dictate your screen angles and dot gain to them.

MSD

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back