Riso ComColor Linux Drivers

Tradidi

Does anyone have Linux drivers for the Riso ComColor printers, preferrably the 7150, but failing that anything else I could try?

The dealer here in NZ has not been able to supply me with one and keeps pushing me towards M$ Windows. I prefer to stay with Linux.

Considering that these printers internally use Linux as their OS, I find it crazy that they don't supply Linux drivers for them.

Considering that these printers internally use Linux as their OS, I find it crazy that they don't supply Linux drivers for them.
Well, the Mac uses the same print program (underneath) as Linux.
If you can get the drivers for the mac they SHOULD work for most Linux.
I do that on some older Konicas and HP printers that are 'unsupported' on the newer Macs.
YMMV

Well, the Mac uses the same print program (underneath) as Linux.
If you can get the drivers for the mac they SHOULD work for most Linux.
I do that on some older Konicas and HP printers that are 'unsupported' on the newer Macs.
YMMV
That's interesting. I'll have to check that out, thanks for the tip!

However, I just found out that when I go to the Riso website to download Mac drivers, they don't exist!? I can see the option to select Mac drivers, and I can even select one of the many OS versions, but when I select one it says "Driver does not exist."

So my next question, does anyone know of the existence of a Mac driver (any version) for the ComColor 7150, X1 series?

That's interesting. I'll have to check that out, thanks for the tip!

However, I just found out that when I go to the Riso website to download Mac drivers, they don't exist!? I can see the option to select Mac drivers, and I can even select one of the many OS versions, but when I select one it says "Driver does not exist."

So my next question, does anyone know of the existence of a Mac driver (any version) for the ComColor 7150, X1 series?
Google says only windows server versions. WHQML.
So they are locked to the Windows Server OS.
No Mac No Linux.
That being said you could put up a Windows Server and share it to a Mac or Linux box ???

Google says only windows server versions. WHQML.
So they are locked to the Windows Server OS.
No Mac No Linux.
That being said you could put up a Windows Server and share it to a Mac or Linux box ???
I've got it working on a Windows virtual machine, but I don't like the added layer of complexity, and certainly not the idea of soiling a good OS by running a bad OS in a vm.

Riso does have another option, the IS950C, which acts like a print server and which runs on.... Linux! That's the thing I find so crazy and frustrating. They do have Linux drivers, they just don't give them to their customers to run on their own machines.

Riso does have another option, the IS950C, which acts like a print server and which runs on.... Linux! That's the thing I find so crazy and frustrating. They do have Linux drivers, they just don't give them to their customers to run on their own machines.
We have an HP plotter that ONLY runs well with the HP Click app.
Windows only. No server options. Sigh.

CUPS is a great system.
Apple doesn't own it anymore.
CUPS requires a stand alone driver.
The printer the OP is talking about doesn't have a stand alone driver.
The driver is installed on, and requires Windows Server internal elements, to function.

:)

My HP printer does work with the driver from HP.
It just has sub-par performance.
So HP provides a completely separate application to run the printer in the fashion expected.

YMMV

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back