Riso HC5000

Ccopy

I'm looking at one of these machines and was wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with these machines.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want your opinion unpublished.

Thanks in advance.

What exactly do you want to know, we have some and have tested a lot.

The paper stock is super important for acceptable results. The machine does not compete with a Xerox Docucolor or Konica 6501. The images can be light and washed out at times with a poor stock. No coated stocks can be ran on this unit.

Riso has in about the last year has partnered with Kodak to do reprints for work done on a Kodak Versamark web inkjet, the quality is on par with transpromotional market, but can be better with a optimized paper.

It seams to be a better fit more for inplants, and schools that want color at a low price.

The speed is great through the only other sheetfed machine that can compete is a HP indigo 7000 running 2-up, then both can do 120 ppm.

This machine was/is kind of ahead of it's time. Prior to Drupa no other sheetfed inkjet was close to it, now the Sceen and Fuji concept presses have the ability to inkjet print onto sheets and in larger sizes.

I operate an in-plant for a public entity and initially I was pretty excited about this machine. However, it has some serious drawbacks in my opinion.

You cannot print on coated stock. You either have to not have that requirement or you have to enough volume to justify a good color machine and this. That makes this machine a very niche product even for an in-plant.

The quality just isn’t top notch.

You pay via consumables, and the prices given if I can remember was with 5% coverage. Therefore, I am not so sure it is actually going to be that cheap unless all you print is letters with a letterhead logo. If you start printing stuff that has color everywhere with solids and such the price might then start rivaling that of toner machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back