Roland 300

printerpete

Hi

our company just bought a Secondhand Roland 300 4 colour year 1995. The press is with Autoplate loading and washers.

What Tips and Tricks Would you guys reccomend when running, Maintinance, Feeder Tricks ETC

Also it has Brush type Blanket and imp cyl wash aswell as roller washers what is the reliability like of the washers.

Also whats the Makereadys like (plating up and first pulls etc), of course using CTP Plates

Sorry to drone on a bit but sort of want to be prepared, thanks in advance

hi there,

the roland 300 is a very good press, it requires a understanding of all of the bells and whistles on the press as there are a lot to adjust if you want. I was never a big fan of swans neck with the air adjustment just found it t be too much agro but the more you run it the better it would be i guess. The autowashers are great if you maintain and clean the sludge tank and remember to pre wet the brushes in the morning i tinks its the 99 wash program. The electrics were a bit on the troublesome side but we had the second in the country. Apart from that M/R should be within 5-45mins dependent on tollerances and design of the form, last point is the night latches on the damping form rollers there a great idear but i didnt like them as i found they could affect dampening.

Paul

hi there,

the roland 300 is a very good press, it requires a understanding of all of the bells and whistles on the press as there are a lot to adjust if you want. I was never a big fan of swans neck with the air adjustment just found it t be too much agro but the more you run it the better it would be i guess. The autowashers are great if you maintain and clean the sludge tank and remember to pre wet the brushes in the morning i tinks its the 99 wash program. The electrics were a bit on the troublesome side but we had the second in the country. Apart from that M/R should be within 5-45mins dependent on tollerances and design of the form, last point is the night latches on the damping form rollers there a great idear but i didnt like them as i found they could affect dampening.

Paul

Thanks for that paul, but what do you mean by , swans neck with the air adjustment?

we like ours.
and like said already, keep the maintenance on the blanket washers up. also, keep the transfer cylinders clean, clean them once or twice a shift. they will mark easily if not taken care of. also, the metering roller doesn't skew on them, so make sure you get the proper meters when you order.

we like ours.
and like said already, keep the maintenance on the blanket washers up. also, keep the transfer cylinders clean, clean them once or twice a shift. they will mark easily if not taken care of. also, the metering roller doesn't skew on them, so make sure you get the proper meters when you order.

Thanks for that albert, Whats the first pull register usually like, and do you know the cocking limit for either way?

first pull register is ok but is really dependent on plate clamp zeroing and how well the plates are punched.
as for cocking, you get i think 1.25mm above or below zero. more than enough to register and square up if you dont want to move the infeed headstops

first pull register is ok but is really dependent on plate clamp zeroing and how well the plates are punched.
as for cocking, you get i think 1.25mm above or below zero. more than enough to register and square up if you dont want to move the infeed headstops

Thanks for that, that sounds like plenty, iv only ever run manual presses although i have number 2'd on automated its the first time il be running an automated machine properly hope it goes well lol

thanks again and if you have anymore tips you think i should know i would appreicate them

hi there,

sorry for the late reply, in the delivery section of the production menus you could change the ammount of air on the swans neck individually and seperatley, on the first pass it was -40 so the rear of the sheet would drag along the bottom plate and on side too it was +40 ish so the rear of the sheet would not drag and float on the air but if too mush it would flutter and mark and to little and it would drag and mark.

Paul.

hi there,

sorry for the late reply, in the delivery section of the production menus you could change the ammount of air on the swans neck individually and seperatley, on the first pass it was -40 so the rear of the sheet would drag along the bottom plate and on side too it was +40 ish so the rear of the sheet would not drag and float on the air but if too mush it would flutter and mark and to little and it would drag and mark.

Paul.

Thanks for that paul i see what you mean

Hi again,

Press should be running in a couple of weeks, was just wondering what the back cylinder washers are like if they do the job well? a Engineer who is working on it says they are a load of rubbish and should be removed, just wondering what you guys think about them from the looks of it their isnt much space to clean the imp cylinder if the washers are in.
Also paul werabouts you from? if your not too far away and you fancy a bit of extra pocket money my boss would probably give you a bit of work training, if you want

were in West lothian by the way

We do not use our blanket washers or imp cylinder washers.... We just could not get them to work well at all.
I like printing on the Roland 300 but the automatic washers were just a pain for us.
The imp cyl washers would get solvent on the transfers below.
It did not hurt when printing on uncoated stock but when printing on coated stock we would have to dry the transfers off by hand.
They really just get in the way, like for example when you need to clean the transfers below the imp cyl and you will need to clean the transfers.
As far as the blanket washers go I can do them faster and better by hand.
Our imp cyl washers are sitting on a shelf out of the way.

We do not use our blanket washers or imp cylinder washers.... We just could not get them to work well at all.
I like printing on the Roland 300 but the automatic washers were just a pain for us.
The imp cyl washers would get solvent on the transfers below.
It did not hurt when printing on uncoated stock but when printing on coated stock we would have to dry the transfers off by hand.
They really just get in the way, like for example when you need to clean the transfers below the imp cyl and you will need to clean the transfers.
As far as the blanket washers go I can do them faster and better by hand.
Our imp cyl washers are sitting on a shelf out of the way.

thanks alot for your help. what yr press do you have? feeder looks a bit over complicated for a b2 lol do you have any tips

Were you from ?

thanks again

The older R300 arround 1996-1997 had some problems with the dampening units. The matt-chrome wear off. We do repalcments with ceramic surface which does not wear off. We supply all kind of parts and supplies for manroland press including the R300. If you need anything call Indpendent Graphic Services, Inc, 630-562-2108 in West Chicago.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back