roland 700 press wash

Green Printer

Registered Users
Does anybody know of any 100 gram/ liter voc washes that work on a Roland 700? We are considering purchasing a rebuilt 5 color.

Before we consider such a purchase we want to be sure that the Roland 700 will be able to meet regulations for low voc washes especially those that are at 100 gram / liter or lower.

Anybody else have any input on this? I have heard conflicting stories. Some say it might work and others say it will never work. The way this industry is now you must be absolutely sure on all your environmental decisions.

Green printer,

I thought you had already been using a wash that had less than 100 gram/ liter voc ?
Wouldn't this product be suitable for such a machine ?

Possibly the best idea would be to trial specific washes on a demo Roland 700

Green printer,

I thought you had already been using a wash that had less than 100 gram/ liter voc ?

We have been continiously since January of 2005.

Wouldn't this product be suitable for such a machine ?

That is what I am trying to determine.

With the autowash sequencing on the Roland it engages the dampner system with the inker for washup.
Note I did not say just water form.

The problem I see is how do you keep the water and dampner system from getting contaminated?

I have asked around and have been advised that it is next to impossible to get this to work properly.

Possibly the best idea would be to trial specific washes on a demo Roland 700

A few have tried with no success.

I guess I am like a patient looking for a second opinion with hopes of different results.

The 10% voc washes are usually only of interest to customers in CA, so they are not always listed in a companies literature; if serious you should certainly talk to Ray....

I looked at all 24 of the 400 series.

I read 24 of the MSDS sheets.

I need not pursue this any longer.

There is nothing that I would deem usable for our operation.

I would be taking a step backwords.

I went to the MANRoland website and requested MSDS sheets for the Printcom 411p series of press wash.

I am waiting for their reply.

Before I waist any suppliers time and mine I request MSDS sheets first. If the MSDS'S are up to date, made correctly and do not have any questionable cas listings then we proceed to discussions with the manufacturer about the product.

Any supplier who is worth there own salt will readily make available the MSDS sheets. I have refused to even look at products with a partial or misleading MSDS sheet.

This industry is going to be under a microscope for cleanliness.

Southern California is there now because of previously being some of the worst air pollution in the world.

Before I waist any suppliers time and mine I request MSDS sheets first. If the MSDS'S are up to date, made correctly and do not have any questionable cas listings then we proceed to discussions with the manufacturer about the product.

Any supplier who is worth there own salt will readily make available the MSDS sheets. I have refused to even look at products with a partial or misleading MSDS sheet.

This industry is going to be under a microscope for cleanliness.

Southern California is there now because of previously being some of the worst air pollution in the world.

I think it's the law in the US that the manufacturers or suppliers have to provide the MSDS sheets. And if I remember my safety training, you as an employer have to make MSDS sheets available to your employees. It's also required in many places that the fire department and emergency squad have quick access to your MSDS data. Some states may require that fire/emergency teams have the MSDS data at their central offices. That's so their people don't walk into the situation without knowing whether they will be facing possible lethal toxins or chemicals that could explode.

Have you looked at our LO-VO Wash CA-100 product? The specificatoin sheet and MSDS are on the Tower website at Tower Products. You can look at this without having to register. If you really want some answers, give me a call at 610-253-6206 x105. We have been selling this technology in the areas affected by 1171 for over two years.

Rick

With the autowash sequencing on the Roland it engages the dampner system with the inker for washup.
Note I did not say just water form.

The problem I see is how do you keep the water and dampner system from getting contaminated?

To keep the dampening solution from becoming contaminated when you wash the rollers simply turn off the gumming function of roller wash. Make sure the Technotrans unit is not pumping water when washing rollers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back