Roller wash suggestions for QM46 Heidelberg?

shockmuth469

Hello all.

Can anyone suggest a good safe cheap effective roller wash for my Heidelberg QM46?

The press came with some Varn V-253 which works well, but it's a tad pricey at around 40% more than the others that I've tried...

I've tried both Bottcher 4050 wash and Colorlok Premium Wash at 100% strength as well as mixed 75%, 50%, & 25% with water.

So far, the V-253 seems to work best. 2nd is Colorlok Premium, and I didn't care for the Bottcher 4050.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

Im not sure about price but i like varn envirowash. It does a good job, and doesnt smell like older style kero or HC washes. 0r v-120 works well too.
Ive tried other enviro type products, some were ok, some werent. Varn seems to be consistantly good.

I think i may have a trial bottle of v-120.

I can get colorlok, varn, and bottcher brands most easily, we're in the same parking lot as a dealer.

I'd welcome any other suggestions or advise,

thanks

I like to start with color wash 1 and then go to V120 50/50 with water. The color wash will emulsify the ink so it does not bead up on the end of the cleanup blade. Fuji has a private label of V120 that is cheaper and seems to work well. I dont think it is as strong as V120

I don't know if you have heard of a presswash called explorer-alpha 8 is really good it is not oily so you don't have to rinse with water just wash and ink up, you wont notice any residu on the first pull.
it cost about $22.00 a gallon the only bad thing is thats a little hard to wash fountains by hand but you get used to it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back