Royce circulatory foaming issue.

OkiTech

Hi guys. I had to stop printing today due you excessive foaming. Press was throwing up with foam trough fountain pans. :( I noticed that solution comes as a foam from Royce circulator/chiller. What could be the problem?
I know that there are some additives that I can order but I have to start working tomorrow, any fixes?
Can I just go to HomeDepot and buy some industrial foam reducer? - they carry something to use in jacuzzi / water fountains.
I have Varn Universal and AB Dick pink fountain solutions that both foam up...
Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Roman.

check the little gasket on the spindle (impeller) make sure it is all the way down if it rides up it will air-ate the solution and cause foam...prisco has a de-foamer that works also

Try Nikken Mark IV fs. A little pricey but solved our foaming issues. If the filter is old it doesnt help. I have heard of silicone based additives but was warned that they may cause other problems.

Thank you guys. Gasket looked like it was up a little. I will think of the way to secure it in place. I will try to order some defoaming chemical, just wanted to get trough the day...

A few things you can try:

1. Flush your circulators with a cleaner specially made for purging the system (they are not too pricey and only take about an hour or so).

2. Clean or change your filters

3. Have you cleaned your circulator recently??? I have seen it where the circulator was cleaned with a degreaser and then when it was refilled, there was a little bit of degreaser still left in there, which caused huge amounts of foam.

4. If you have had this problem for a while, you might consider a different fountain solution (this is always the least desireable of the options but can do wonders if nothing else is working).

Foaming - but not at the Mouth !!

Foaming - but not at the Mouth !!

Hello fellow Lithographers,

Enlightenment PDFs - I hope you will find of interest and value

Salient Point: On the Royse Circulation Systems, the fluid flow rate is approx. 9 liters a minute.

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• Foaming # 1006.pdf
    970.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Foam # 2009.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • Foam # 3010.pdf
    675.7 KB · Views: 179
Foaming # 2

Foaming # 2

The Royse Circulation System PDFs

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• Royse # 1007.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 193
  • Royse # 2008.pdf
    748.4 KB · Views: 180

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back