Running Acrobat XI and DC

prepressdork

Ok, before the tar & feather party begins, read on....

I am only interested in installing DC alongside XI long enough to see it, learn it, and figure out how to configure it for my environment before deploying it to my team. I realize that two installations of Acrobat are not supported. My question is where can I find a standalone installer of Acrobat DC for Mac? My intention is to install it on a separate partition so that XI is still the primary.

Thank you,
pd

Two versions of Acrobat are now supported by Adobe. Adobe says you can install DC without it removing Acrobat XI. I think there is a setting when you are setting up the download/install that you have to uncheck a box to NOT remove XI like with the other CC apps. I haven't tried it so proceed with caution.

I have read on Adobe forums that people have done it and it worked. Not sure how or why though.

In the creative cloud if you look under previous versions, X and XI are listed. I have been running XI and DC together since it came out.

I found a standalone installer and installed. Both seem to work ok so far. Now to navigate DC's new interface.

I have X, XI and DC installed concurrently, it works ok.
I am not sure if I am the only one but since installing DC, every time I launch Acrobat X I have to enter serial number again.
This is daily occurrence.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back