Running Agfa Prepress without network nor Internet

redlik

HI,
We've recently moved to a new office but had to leave the platemaker and the Agfa Prepress PC behind until the place is ready. Is it possible to run the Prepress software without any network, no local; no Internet. Just the server pc left alone with the platemaker?
I tried to start the manager but got "Server Status: Not connected" message and no go :-(((
Any help appreciated.
R

Hook the Apogee server to a switch just to have the LAN going somewhere, it may need the network interface active to publish the hot folders for hot tickets. Mind the server IP.

At a minimum you need a loop back adapter for the Apogee Server to at least think it is on a network.
Phil Crosby - Senior Trainer - Agfa Graphics North America

I do have a switch handy. Will try that today. Thnx everybody!
Would I need to change the ip's, host files etc?

It depends on router/gateway settings and what static IPs you previously had if any. The hosts file allows external client logins. I presume you will launch the client locally on server and feed jobs via memory stick or similar. Play with it see what happens your target is to have all server services running then start a client.

Got it up and running so thanks for all the tips. When I started the "Manager" app all of the licenses were written in italics, not the regular font - does it mean anything?
R.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back