Russian text conversion

Macmann

We have a client who can only provide us with jpegs from a powerpoint presentation as "artwork". This "artwork" is in Russian and we need to produce print ready PDFs for press. Often times the text needs to be edited not simply reproduced. This requires hours of typesetting and presents challenges in proof reading as no one here speaks Russian. Spell checking apps and text conversion websites are unreliable. We recently had a substantial charge back because we missed a lower case b in proofreading. I have experimented with the OCR capabilities in Acrobat Pro with some success but it is not a complete solution and is still very time consuming. How are others doing this without being provided a file that has text to edit such as a PDF, ai file, InDesign, Word etc...? Does anyone know of a reliable way to accomplish this? We have tried to have a proper file supplied but this is all they can provide. Is anyone aware of a good English to Russian translation program?

We have found translation software for almost all languages to be very lacking - They just don't handle the way people commonly speak or write.
If you're translating a dictionary they'd probably work.
Over the years we've found the only half-way reliable option is to go through a translation service for multi-language jobs.

Russian text

Russian text

Hello, I think I could help you. My company is providing prepress services in Finland, my website is datamies.fi, email is on the site.

Thanks Datamies. We will keep you in mind when we get our next project. It has become apparent that the software out there is not mature enough to do what we want and that there is no substitute for a human who knows the language.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back