Ryobi question

Static

Static

I haven't seen a suggestion to try another paper vendor, especially one who climate controls their warehouse. BTW, how long does the paper "condition" before opening it up? My best results come from conditioning a load for 24-48 hrs and then back-trimming the final size all the way around with a sharp knife. If you can't make these concessions then you are at the mercy of the static gods. A good cutter person can do wonders!

Last edited:
reyhub

Here is a solution for your issue. take the removeable silver clip that are under the feed tapes. Put a laminated strip of chipboard 1.5 x 11.5 attach to silver clip should run from angle iron in front where the numbers are to on top of the bumpy feed table. Use scotch tape to attach chipboard strip to feed table so paper travel over chipboard. This should be clipped in the center. Take the two tapes that your feed wheels ride on and put them as close to chipboard strip in middle. don't use the silver clips under these tapes. the two outside tapes have as far out to the spring and side guide as possible. This will get you close to 1000 impressions. before the bunching happens. I use silicon with a cotton pad on the tapes if it occurs but most of the time it does not happen.

Good Luck

Static products do not work on this problem. I have tried them all. This is caused by the friction of the tapes on coated paper. Running curl up first helps, less tapes on top of paper.

OffsetGuy

OffsetGuy

Where have you been? Did Presstek really get you banned for what I heard? Jolee msg?

Cymk

Does anybody could explain me what means Itek 3985 in Ryobi machines 3302. Is it an special device or model?
Thanks

Does anybody could explain me what means Itek 3985 in Ryobi machines 3302. Is it an special device or model?
Thanks
AB Dick was once the proud owners of Itek. Itek was mainly a plate maker but evolved as part of AB Dick. AB Dick contracted Ryobi to build a bunch of 3302 presses for them. These Ryobi 3302 presses would be called either Itek 3985 or AB Dick 9985. It is the same machine as the ryobi just carries a different name.

Try the Static String. This link shows an animation of the anti static cords on a Heidelberg type printer. Can work with all of these applications. Anti-Static Solutions for Printing Equipment
The blowers and electrics are expensive and burn out. This is the most effective and cheapest option for getting rid of the static problem.

Hello people
I just signed up for this site and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the Ryobi 9985. im haning trouble with the dampening system, too much water on regular bond, paper is curling bad. But, i was wondering is there a limited on how closed you should have the kompac on it???? a tech guy told me roughly 3 and a half is max. but still giving alot of water.... i ran a job where i had it set on a little over 4. and the paper was farely flat, but still curling... my boss is gettin mad!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back