Ryobi sensors

rlaboss

I've recently started working in a shop with a 3202M. I had no previous experience with a Ryobi press. It's a one man shop and the previous pressman has moved.
I'm running into a sensor problem.
I'm running 8.5 X 11 20lb stock but as soon as it's picked up by the grippers on the 1st head, about 1/2 way under it trips the sensor and everything stops.
It's a good feed as far as I can tell. The manual doesn't really say much about how/why so it's got me stumped.
Any suggestions?:confused:

Sounds like your double sheet detector. There should be a knob right above the suckers feet that you can adjust. try that. You should get a manual if at all possible as there are a bunch of sensers on that press. Hope this helps.

hope this helps

hope this helps

riaboss,
I will try and help with the 3302. The doubles detector should trigger the gate that flips up and traps the doubled sheet into a catch tray under the feed board so I doubt that is your problem. Unless it jammed down delaying the sheet.
The next sensor is forward of the doubles detector by a few inches and acts as the counter trigger and sets the jam timing to the next sensor under the feed drum grippers which triggers your impression circuit.
Make sure there are no belts or retainers or DIRT blocking the count sensor. Make sure your pull in wheels are adjusted properly and causing the sheet to be feed consistently and without delay!!!!
The sensor under the feed drum grippers should be clean and shinny no DIRT! There is a small door to access the counters and jam switches that allow you to turn off the jam functions also..
I have had many service visits for the problem you describe and most times it is caused by inconsistent feed timing or a dirty sensor.
Good Luck
OG

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back