Sad 2 Say

Sad to Say 58

Have been in Print Production Sales for 8 years and have decided I will never ask another customer to check out Print Planet for advice.

In the last 6 months, every customer or potential customer has returned to tell me they are more confused than before and the lies told on Print Planet make it useless as a true barometer of any beneficial use.

You can come on here, just ready to buy a Xerox product and hear it is the worse, best and most mediocre product EVER INVENTED and you would be everything from the smartest to the biggest idiot in the world to get such a product. And the same would then be said by a Xerox rep or service tech about every other company in the world and those representatives in sales or techs from those companies return the favor and tell how terrible Canon, Konica Minolta, Oce', Sharp, HP, etc. etc. etc.

It is a shame that every company is represented by a pack of liars that do not realize they are cutting their own jugular vein by being so dishonest. The representatives from companies that actually tell the truth are tossed out as crazy.

Ladies and gentleman, if you were all correct in your destruction of the other guys product; then there would be no new equipment being purchased for sure.

Grow up or stop posting. You embarrass yourself and especially your character, which in the end is all any of us have to be judged by.

Sad to Say; hope we can read the truth here someday.

Unless you have another identity on the site, then as far as I can tell you joined yesterday and then lambasted the membership in your first and only post. Were you expecting the people here to sell equipment for you?

If you ask for opinions in an open forum, you are going to get varying opinions. The opinions may not be coming from representatives of the manufacturers, but also from people that use the machines. I don't follow every thread on these forums, but I don't know that anyone lies about equipment. People are generally speaking from each person's experiences with different pieces of equipment. Not all experiences are positive.

What does it say about your character that your only message on these boards is an attack on people who post here? How do you think that you are being judged right now?

Have been in Print Production Sales for 8 years and have decided I will never ask another customer to check out Print Planet for advice.

In the last 6 months, every customer or potential customer has returned to tell me they are more confused than before and the lies told on Print Planet make it useless as a true barometer of any beneficial use.

You can come on here, just ready to buy a Xerox product and hear it is the worse, best and most mediocre product EVER INVENTED and you would be everything from the smartest to the biggest idiot in the world to get such a product. And the same would then be said by a Xerox rep or service tech about every other company in the world and those representatives in sales or techs from those companies return the favor and tell how terrible Canon, Konica Minolta, Oce', Sharp, HP, etc. etc. etc.

It is a shame that every company is represented by a pack of liars that do not realize they are cutting their own jugular vein by being so dishonest. The representatives from companies that actually tell the truth are tossed out as crazy.

Ladies and gentleman, if you were all correct in your destruction of the other guys product; then there would be no new equipment being purchased for sure.

Grow up or stop posting. You embarrass yourself and especially your character, which in the end is all any of us have to be judged by.

Sad to Say; hope we can read the truth here someday.

Amazing the guts some people have
Shame on you Sad to Say
Leave a professional forum for professional people alone.
Go back to Xerox and improve your selling skills.
Do not blame the forums for the poor results you get from your product!

Plus one. Agree with everyone's comments so far on Mr. Sad to say, only one statement I don't agree with. It does not take "guts", it takes a lack of social skills on a forum. Go away, play some place else.

Well seriously, do you expect a sales rep to get on here and bash their own product and praise their competition?

And users of the products will always have varying opinions BASED on their own experiences. Not really sure what else you would expect.

was not talking about owners or employees

was not talking about owners or employees

Not talking about anyone other than Vendors who pose as printshop owners. If you did not understand that, or I did not make that clear; please forgive me.

If you absorb this site, as I have over the past year, you would find it very disappointing when you see sales reps and service techs posing as owners or employees of printshops tearing down another persons product. From that standpoint, you can see that they would not have any first hand knowledge of running a printer for x number of months or years and yet they act like they know the competitors box inside and out.

I will not back off my statement. My customers/potential customers find the site unhelpful and are more confused after reading the post because you can get any answer you want if you read long enough. The nastiest comments come from service techs after a shop owner or key operator says, "________________ Company is telling me we will have a fix for the issue", or something similar and the service tech uses PrintPlanet to defame ____________ Company and anyone who would ever think of buying from them instead of his company.

Any sales rep/service tech that believes it is OK to slam another product line, so they lift their product line higher; is unethical and will someday answer for their lies. Money is not worth that in my opinion and the fact that PrintPlanet has no governing method of deleting defaming information is unfortunate.

So in short, I don't care who the sales rep/service tech works for; they should only give positive suggestions for their equipment, such as "try this setting or ask your tech to upgrade your software". That is GREAT, but when they say, "I have looked at the brochure on line and you wouldn't catch me buying a _________________ printer, Press, UV Coater, or whatever, looks like a piece of garbage to me and I have never heard a good word concerning ___________________ company. Those type of remarks should be taken off this site.

Once again, an owner saying that, an owner who is paying the bill and trying to make a living, every right to bitch about a product that has not performed as advertised and sold by the company.

A sales rep or service tech, who comes on PrintPlanet to "work for their team"; has no right to bash another company and act as Judge and Jury when they do not have all the facts.

Hope you understand my thoughts a little better.

Thank You,

A Sales Rep of Production Equipment

I'm not in sales, but isn't it common to say "our product is better then their product and here's why..." Isn't it all about why their product is inferior to ours? Now, outright lies are a different story, but I agree with the rest of the folks on here that say you're probably going to get more of an honest answer here, from the people that use these machines on a daily basis than by going to a sales rep. If in doubt, look at that persons profile and other posts before you take their word as gospel. If they're only on here sporadically and always lambasting a particular product, then yes, I'd say they are unscrupulous, but one should always do complete research. It's like people who watch one story on FOX news and are convinced that this is the only (and correct) way to believe or think. This country needs people to stop being lemmings and think for themselves and always research their topic before rendering an opinion.

@Sad to Say 58

If you know that a post contains lies or is spam then you have the option of reporting it as such to the moderator. Or you could always challenge the post and correct the lies.

When you say that: "My customers/potential customers find the site unhelpful and are more confused after reading the post because you can get any answer you want if you read long enough." Why not provide them with the tools to understand how to separate fact from fiction and share that information here.

All you are doing with your two posts is exactly what you criticize others for doing.

gordo

Not exactly

Not exactly

That would be too much to hope for obviously.

A year on this site and still I see crazy posts.

Good example is the Ricoh C900. Came out too soon and now the Ricoh C901 is selling much better and Ricoh is doing their best to replace the C900's with 901.

Look throughout this site and you have Ricoh reps telling key operators and owners that the 900 will do a great job, even when they are challenged again and again by owners and key operators. Ricoh service techs and other Ikon reps continue to say it is a great box. I know several Ricoh sales reps personally and they know it was a mistake and came out too early. The C901 will be a very successful box for them. Why not just tell the truth?

So how do you suggest a person challenge that premise online, when the tech and other Ricoh software and print experts say, we have the answer. They truly do have the answer, but unfortunately, it is the C901. . . . lol.

OK, enjoy your site, you cannot just accept the fact that people support themselves on here and no one else. You notice I have never said who I work for, because I truly do not care. I love people, I love customers and it really hurts me when people are lied to.

Enjoy the day,

Jeff

[SNIP]OK, enjoy your site, you cannot just accept the fact that people support themselves on here and no one else. You notice I have never said who I work for, because I truly do not care. I love people, I love customers and it really hurts me when people are lied to.

Enjoy the day,

Jeff

Well, in your profile you say:

About Sad to Say 58
Company: Konica Minolta
Job Title: Sales
Company Type: Industry Supplier / Vendor

Many of the people who post here who work for vendors don't hide the fact - they either say so as a caveat or include that information in their signature. Like your associate "tcrosby"

"I would put any of Konica Minolta's products against them all they will blow them away, I used to work for Ricoh and now I am with Konica Minolta was tired od loosing business to them they have this part of the market totally captured." [SNIP]

Thanks
Tracy Crosby
[email protected]
832-467-5173
281-216-0127

But you don't.

You say that you "love people, I love customers and it really hurts me when people are lied to" but you do not do anything to actually help them in these forums.

gordo

Well, I guess too many opinions can confound especially when one's not sure about his needs.

Although i never have announced who I work for, I only give technical opinions on helping people fix their problems. I will give my opinion on a piece of equipment I have experience on but won't trash a rivals since I don't know enough about them to give a honest answer. Sometimes, as in the argument of what type of CTP plate is best, there are so many variables that a simple answer is not possible. Printplanet is a great forum and most of the regular contributors give honest answers based on their experiences. These contributors in my opinion, do qualify their responses with any company affiliations.

Remember the advice here is free and anonymous. Like anything on the internet, don't take it as fact without verifying it elsewhere.

Good example is the Ricoh C900. Came out too soon and now the Ricoh C901 is selling much better and Ricoh is doing their best to replace the C900's with 901.

Look throughout this site and you have Ricoh reps telling key operators and owners that the 900 will do a great job, even when they are challenged again and again by owners and key operators. Ricoh service techs and other Ikon reps continue to say it is a great box. I know several Ricoh sales reps personally and they know it was a mistake and came out too early. The C901 will be a very successful box for them. Why not just tell the truth?
Jeff

I'm not employed by Ricoh or a dealership. I'm a tech at a training center that has a C900 (plus 1107 and 1357) that we use for course materials. I love it because it's easy to work on and, at 1 million clicks in 9 months (1 mil plus on each box), we've had no major service issues on any of the three. The crew in the shop that actually uses the boxes loves them as well.

Up the road is our HQ facility, with a print shop. A C900, two 1357s; they love them. Again, the tech up there is an employee, not a dealer or factory rep, and the tech and crew are very happy with theirs.

I've turned screwdrivers on production equipment since I started 15 years ago and can say that this is one of the most straight-forward lines to work on that I've dealt with.

So there!

This is the internet... all opinions to be taken with a grain of salt :)

By the way, I think my opinion is the worse, best and most mediocre opinion EVER OPINED!

C900 vs C901

C900 vs C901

That would be too much to hope for obviously.

A year on this site and still I see crazy posts.

So how do you suggest a person challenge that premise online, when the tech and other Ricoh software and print experts say, we have the answer. They truly do have the answer, but unfortunately, it is the C901. . . . lol.

OK, enjoy your site, you cannot just accept the fact that people support themselves on here and no one else. You notice I have never said who I work for, because I truly do not care. I love people, I love customers and it really hurts me when people are lied to.

Enjoy the day,

Jeff

You example fits your argument however to be honest these two machines (C900 / C901)are different beasts.. One was desined for CRD the other Commercial print.. you could take the view the C900 was released too early...others know that becuase of the C900's price point, productivity and click charge commercial printers decided it was the right machine to boost their margins even if it did not excell on some jobs. As you say the C901 will sell well as it was designed with commercial print in mind but will also perform well in CRD...

I cant understand why you would direct customers any where near the internet as part of a sales pitch. It makes no sense whatsoever. Your also putting too much faith in the "truth" which can often be a matter of perception, depending on where you are at any given moment. Same as an opinion, it's never going to be exactly as you want to hear it, or as you would say it.

The better question to ask is why you are sending your potential customers to a place that would directly expose them to your competitors opinions, honest or otherwise.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back