Sappi promo piece

keith1

In the mail today (Canada Post) came a promo piece for Sappi Paper. I must say this is one of the biggest wastes of money I've ever seen. Not only for the print/paper industry but anywhere . . .even including government!! Hard to believe some marketing manager could get talked into this. Or maybe not heh,heh.
No clue what the purpose of it was. It all went into the bin except for the red felt marker. I'd have found more use for a black marker. Oh well.

Keith

I thought it was very well done. Very tongue in cheek and a great companion piece to the videos.

As a matter of fact it is called 'Off Register'. You mean I can expect videos too?! Can't say if it was tongue in cheek - I didn't bother reading it.
Guess I just don't appreciate fine art :rolleyes:

Watched the video. It is funny. I might have to dig the booklet out of the recycling bin. Seriously doubt that I will though. Still doesn't change that they must have spent a fortune on it.
Ever check out Clients From Hell

Keith

I think it is toned down wayyyyyyyy too much. The problem with the way I would produce it is someone would get their feelings hurt. You could probably make something like this just based off the drama and sexual escapades that go on in Printing Plants. Ohhhhh the stories. But it is funny. Glad someone decided to make something like this.

In our busier days, when we had several employees, I would often joke that I was going to pitch a reality series called "Print Shop" to A&E.
It totally would have been a hit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back