Saturation Mailing Rates

TJPrinter

There was an exception in the DMM for saturation mail with simplified addresses with no barcode that it could be entered at barcoded rates. I can no longer find that exception and was wondering if anyone knows for sure that this rate option has been removed.

Theoretically, this mail should never be removed from the mail tray, making a barcode useless. It should be delivered to the DDU just as it was deposited, one tray for each Rural Route and the carrier simply places one letter in each and every Rural Route box, just like a EDDM deposited at a DDU.

Mail would be;
Letter size mail
Simplified addresses
Saturation for Rural Routes only, no city routes
None for Entry discount

Hey TJ, I think this is what you're looking for:

DMM 243.6.6.1
Except for pieces with a simplified address, pieces that are not automation-compatible or not barcoded with an Intelligent Mail barcode under 202.5.0 are mailable only at nonautomation saturation letter prices.

Hey TJ, I think this is what you're looking for:

DMM 243.6.6.1
Except for pieces with a simplified address, pieces that are not automation-compatible or not barcoded with an Intelligent Mail barcode under 202.5.0 are mailable only at nonautomation saturation letter prices.
Yes, Thank you!

I just found this too
Pieces prepared with a simplified address format are exempt from the automation-compatibility and barcode requirements.

If I put these two together, my interpretation is that this saturation mailing should be entered at an automation rate and not a nonautomation rate. Or am I wrong?

You are correct, sir.!

Sometimes, the USPS, for some reason, thinks it's easier to convey information in a "round-a-bout" way, instead of coming right out and saying it directly.

This information was exactly what I needed.

The last bulk mail clerk was at the post office for 17 years and she just retired. She had me select barcoded mail on Postal Wizard because there’s no selection for simplified addressed mail that would bring up the proper table and I wanted to show the new clerk that there wasn't anything wrong with the rate I’ve been using for these mailings. Now I have it thanks to the MailGuru!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back