Save as PDF javascript - issue defining enumerated values as a variable

Perry

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how I can use a variable as the target for a Save as PDF option in Illustrator javascript. the variables work fine where there is no enumerated value for the property i.e. opts.generateThumbnails but I can figure out how to get it working opts.compatibility or other properties with enumerated values using a variable as the definition.

The code snippet example below will always give an 'Enumerated Value expected' error when run for the opts.colorCompression option even though the string is correct.
If I define the opts as opts.colCompression = compressionQuality.AUTOMATICJPEGHIGH then everythings works

Does anyone know of how I can define the compressionQuality.AUTOMATICJPEGHIGH as a variable the will work

Tks

Code snippet

opts = new PDFSaveOptions();
opts.compatibility = PDFCompatibility.ACROBAT5;
opts.generateThumbnails = thumbnailValue;
opts.preserveEditability = editingValue
opts.optimization = optimizationValue;
opts.colorCompression = colCompressionDefault;

// default value is defined at the start of the script as:-
// var colCompressionDefault = 'compressionQuality.AUTOMATICJPEGMAXIMUM';

alert("Options Color Compression = " + opts.colorCompression);

for (x = 0; x < doc.artboards.length; x++ )
{

doc.artboards.setActiveArtboardIndex( x );
var artboardName = doc.artboards[x].name;

if ( ( artboardName.match( /^Printed/i ) ))
{
opts.artboardRange = x+1;
expFile = File( destFolder + '/'+ nameString + '-' + doc.artboards[x].name + '.pdf' );
doc.saveAs ( expFile, opts ); //This is the lien that fails
}
}

//close the open document
sourceDoc.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES);

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back