Scanning and copying simultaneously in an office MFP

Laith

Hi
Is there an A3 office grade MFP that can scan through the feeder while simultaneously copy the scanned pages (without having to wait for all sheets to be scanned first)?
I used to work with a Konica Minolta Minolta bizhub 554e and it didn't have this feature. It had to wait for all sheets to scan first, then it would start copying.

Thanks

^^ agreed

Split the pile into two piles. Scan pile #2 whilst pile #1 is copying.
If you want a single PDF (or Compact PDF) use the combine feature in Acrobat.

Why do you want to?
I almost always scan to file first, to check page count and quality. For large page quantities you can re-scan and replace pages before you print the whole job. Scan at a low quality and replace a few high quality pages to keep file size down.

or what they said

Our Xerox machines had this feature. However, we had production grade machines (Versant 180 and Nuvera 144). I imagine Xerox reuses much of the same interfaces and drivers with their mid-tier models. A quick google seems to confirm this, with models like the Altalink supporting scan & print.

As others have said, be careful though. Our operators stopped using this feature because a double feed that isn't detected can ruin your entire output. Making 20 copies of a 500 page manual that's missing page 347 makes a customer very upset, lol.

On Ricoh MFPs there's a feature called Batch Mode that allows you to scan in sections. This is meant to be used for jobs that are too large to fit in the feeder in one go, or for if you wanted to make changes for each section, such as greyscale vs color, simple vs. duplex, different stocks for different chapters, etc. While doing this you would have also selected the total amount of copies up front but with Batch it prints one copy while feeding and simultaneously saving it to memory. When you've finished the final section you hit the # key and the MFP's little brain puts it all together and prints the rest of the sets of copies. I wouldn't be surprised if other brands had a similar feature.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back