Scitex Dolev 800v Problem

printsdirectltd

Hi,

We have a Scitex Dolev 800v at work and we have some problems with the pc.

Scitex Dolev 800v (from 1995 I think)
CAT NO: 506E32052
BIOS version: 3.0.2
Chips: SCATsx/PEAKsx

When the pc starts I get the following message:
"System battery dead - replace and run setup"

The sytem runs from a floppy disk. But it won't start.
All I get is: "Starting MS-DOS"
Thats all, it gets stuck there and won't startup. (I left it for 15 minutes)

I have downloaded Dolev 800 v7 drivers again and put them on a new floppy disk to see if maybe the files on the origional floppy disk are corrupt but I still get the same message.
Also I changed the Floppy drive to make sure that isn't causing the problem and that doesn't make any difference either.

So far I have tried the following:
1: New floppy disk
2: Downloaded drivers/bootdisk
3: Changed floppy drive
4: I have taken out most of the hardware and plugged it all back in again to make sure there aren't any "lose" connections or anything of that sort of fault.

So far nothing seems to work.

The problem started from the moment the message "System battery is dead - replace and run setup" appeared but I have been told that this should not stop the pc from booting from the floppy disk.

I have had a look for the battery but can't find it, I am assuming it looks like one of those flat, silver "watch" batteries. If anyone knows, please tell me where it is located and if I'm looking for the right thing? If not what does it look like?

Can it be it IS the "dead battery" after all?

Also when the pc starts you here 2 (quick) "beeps" which in my experience normally means a hardware fault.

If anybody has any suggestions or adivce on what to try next maybe to further troubleshoot please let me know.

Thanks.!
Sander

Last edited:
There is a cpu inside the electronics take it out and chenge the battery it is purple normally and it is tha fist board normally under the omc

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back