Scratch on the CTP Plate of SCREEN Platerite HD8900 CTP Machine.

natiqur

[h=2]Dear Sir,
I am in a trouble with SCREEN Platerite HD8900 CTP Machine. When I output a job there is a lot of Scratch on the CTP Plate but no Error Message on the display. I have checked all of the CTP Plate Loading & Transport section. Moreover Exposing from HD8900 I have processed the CTP Plate from another Processor. I am sure that the problem is from the Platerite HD8900. My Platerite HD8900 is only 3 (Three) years old. Kindly advice on what could be causing this.

Thanks
Atiqur Rahman[/h]

We had a similar issue with our 8600N-Z. There is a set of rubber rollers at the top of the unit that are involved in the load/unload of the plate. They ship with a teflon tape that becomes brittle as it ages. Once the tape was removed, the mysterious scratches went away. This is supposedly a common problem. We struggled for weeks with this one. Ask your service technician about it. I'm not familiar with the model you have but it may be a similar issue.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your reply with suggestion. These scratches are not form the rubber roller of Plate loading section. It's look like Vertical Scam. After Processing Vertical Scams are on the CTP Plate. But if I Re-Process the Plate with the Processor then the Vertical Scams becomes more lighter.

After Re-Processing CTP Plate becomes workable, but Vertical Scams are on the plate which becomes lighter after Re-Processing.

Had that issue too. We have a Xitron Screen PT-R Interface. They suggested replacing the cable from the interface to the platesetter and it resolved the problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back