"Scratches" on plates?

Rickyo,

The plate needs to become an "Integral" part of the Plate Cyl. to achieve this the Plate needs to be mounted with "Impression" ON!

Regards, Alois

Rickyo,

You need to remember ---- "From knowledge to competence is a great step--- from ignorance to competence an even greater one"

Regards, Alois

I won't argue your point. I can say that we buy from a reputable plate manufacturer and we remove slip sheets by hand so we would notice if edges felt rough. I can't believe that the anodized layer of the plate came of in hairline, perfectly straight lines. And again, if it were a plate issue, shouldn't we have seen it manifest itself on a black unit? I realize the cyan and magenta inks may have the highest tack and there may be a chemical in those two inks that attacked the plate surface but it still seems more likely to me that the roller contaminate came from a different source.
Actually is you are running a set of properly tacked inks it should be the black with the highest tack.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back