screen 8300s ctp take very long time load particular size of plate.

color_prepress

Recently the CTP take long time load 510x400mm plate compare to last time. (The longest will be 1 minutes)
Normally when the CTP running other size of plate (let say 670x560mm) after that if next job is not this size, it will have to adjust according to plate size and then load it then punch then start imaging.
But now when putting 510x400mm size, it take quite long to adjust the size before it can start imaging. (I suspect it keep adjusting to correct plate size but fail then it auto retry again and again. Then the louder sound-I think is clamp keep open and close then adjust plate size again)
So far no error code out. After loading and imaging it, the next 510x400mm that it load will not have this problem(because the size correct already, it just punch hole, clamp it then start imaging.)

So far if I load other size such as 525x459mm, 650x550mm, 670x560mm, 1030x800mm.... and so on, none of these need to take that long to adjust, clamp, punch hole and load. Only face this problem for 510x400mm plate. Last time this size also don't have problem(for 9 years)until now.

Anyone can know what is the problem? Is that related to this plate 510x400mm which one edge of it a bit lighter cyan coating compare to other area which make the ctp cannot check out the correct size? or ctp sensor got problem for this size?

Hi
Is the other size Plate thickness the same? When the plate thickness changes, does it go into calibration mode? The plate thickness change sometimes delays the exposure start.

If it is like our 8600, those continual clicks are the weights trying to balance the drum for that size plate. I think it shows balancing on the user screen. If the weights get worn or dirty, it can have a hard time balancing and just keeps retrying. This happened to us when going from a larger plate to our smaller plate, but not the other way around, and only when changing sizes. We were able to fix this by cleaning the weights and the weight channel.

Hi
Is the other size Plate thickness the same? When the plate thickness changes, does it go into calibration mode? The plate thickness change sometimes delays the exposure start.

nope. 670x560mm, 650x550mm, 730x600mm,... and other big size is 0.3mm thickness while 510x400mm, 525x459mm, 450x370mm is 0.15mm thickness. It doesn't go into calibration mode when thickness changes. Calibration never related to thickness change.

If it is like our 8600, those continual clicks are the weights trying to balance the drum for that size plate. I think it shows balancing on the user screen. If the weights get worn or dirty, it can have a hard time balancing and just keeps retrying. This happened to us when going from a larger plate to our smaller plate, but not the other way around, and only when changing sizes. We were able to fix this by cleaning the weights and the weight channel.

Maybe. But if from big size to small size (eg.670x560mm change to 525x459mm), it doesn't have this problem. It only happen when any size change to 510x400mm size.
Can I know where to clean the weights and the weight channel? any video? picture about the step?

Today I tried from 670x560mm then 525x459mm then 510x400mm. It load and balance normally.
So I think what Pabney say is correct to what I facing. Maybe most of the time when it from 670x560 to 510x400, it hard to balancing but I don't know why there is no problem when 670x560 to 525x459. Seem that this almost same size to 510x400 plus their thickness are same.
Then from 525x459mm to 510x400mm also no problem.

Can anyone show me how to clean the weights and the weight channel?
At where?

You have 2 brass balance blocks each side of drum.
Open home side cover, look at the side of drum. Unscrew 2 moon-shaped flat bars (screws are soft, use quality screwdriver). No need to unscrew them all. Than you can remove balance blocks. Take a rag, isopropyl alcohol and clean blocks and BB channel till it will be clean.
Inspect black rubber "stoppers" clean them good.
Away side the same procedure, but from left-front side.
1 hour job.
Chris

Last edited:
Open home side cover, look at the side of drum. Unscrew 2 moon-shaped flat bars (screws are soft, use quality screwdriver). No need to unscrew them all. Than you can remove balance blocks. Take a rag, isopropyl alcohol and clean blocks and BB channel till it will be clean.
1 hour job.
Chris

Thanks

1 hour job.
Chris

Can you show me the photo/image for that? I not very clear which part of it at there.
I search website and service manual also cannot get a image on that.

Open right side, make a good quality photo showing drum side. I do not have a machine nearby to do it.
Chris

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back