Screen exposure energy on plate

ricyk81

Hi, my factory just bought an SCREEN 8600M.
We know the rpm and energy (in mW), but don't know how to convert into mj/cm2.
Anyone could advice on this?

Please call the Servuce Dept. of Viprofix at +1-773-545-7700 (or email at [email protected]). We have three engineers specializing in Screen PlateRite CtP. Please ask for Peter.
Sorry that I can't help you here on the forum, but I am not technical enough.

Hi, my factory just bought an SCREEN 8600M.
We know the rpm and energy (in mW), but don't know how to convert into mj/cm2.
Anyone could advice on this?

Enclosed please find the attached files for the conversion.
To give you a rough idea, mostly plates between 120mj/cm2 to 150mj/cm2 can be used on screen machines. Please consult the plate manufacturer for this. Regardless, what the manufacturer claims, you will be the one who decides the best plates suitable for your machine. This is best determined and addressed by conducting tests and obtaining the best dot gains and density on the plates. Regardless, every batch of plates might be different from the others so the calibration of laser is a must and has to be carried out to obtain the optimum image quality and the highlight and shadow dots.

Hope this will help!

Attachments

• Energy Conv.jpg
    Energy Conv.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 213
  • Conversion.jpg
    Conversion.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back