Screen Platerite 8300N/8600 reviews?

wonderings

We are thinking we might need to upgrade from our old Presstek Dimension CTP. A lot of issues with banding and lasers and the need for constant calibration have made this thing a real headache.

Anyways, looking at Screen as I have heard good things about them and they have been around a while. Anyone using these models Platerite 8300N/8600? How stable are they in terms of calibration and needing laser adjustments? I am sure any of these new units will be faster then our 10+ year old Presstek, so that is not really an issue. It is about stability and not needing to be working on this machine every single day to get out decent plates.

Plates we will be using are Kodak Sonora XP plates, we have just switched to them, and unless there was a good reason would just keep going with those. I like not needing to run through a water bath, just image and through on the press.

Run a SCREEN 8600z/(Fuji brands it as a Javelin). Going on 8 years and it has been a solid machine for us. MINIMAL maintenance issues, and calibrations stay rock solid (it does it's own checks and keeps the laser power in spec...hell, don't even need to run checks on it, it's been that proven to us! We do get a PM done once or twice a year and the tech checks the laser power at that time. Wore out a set of punches, and replaced a Laser Diode or two along the way...but a SOLID device for sure!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back