Seeking printers in Ohio who are using some form of alternative energy.

GailNK

Folks,

We could use a hand here...

Tom Lasik, Education and Employment Coordinator, from the Printing Industries of Ohio/N. Kentucky is seeking printers who are using alternative energy for an Alternative Energy Tour sponsored by American Electric Power in Central Ohio.

The event is October 3 so a quick response to me ([email protected]) or to Tom ([email protected]) is good!

Thanks,

Gail Nickel-Kailing
Managing Editor
WhatTheyThink Going Green

alternative energy

alternative energy

Back in the late '80s Graphic Arts Monthly had an article contrasting a modern state of the art printer with one that used no electricity. They had photos of a duplicator size press with the belt that normally would go to the electric motor, going through the floor and powered by a WATER WHEEL! Both printers were in PA and the water wheel was used to eliminate the use of electricity in support of the Amish plain people there.

Bruce Moore

I'd love to know if that company is still there and is still using a water wheel. I've seen a Canadian company that runs a copier on bicycle power, but not water power.

Gail Nickel-Kailing
WhatTheyThink Going Green

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back