selecting creasing matix

Hi, I'm new here and only do inhouse print so level of knowledge is negligable. Any advice would be apprecaited.
I'm producing a brochure of around 30 pages. How should I calculate which creasing matrices to use? Is it advisable to crease individually, in batches or the whole booklet in one? If individually how would I calculate the matrix size for say page 15? Whould I take into account the combined thickness of pages before. The runs are going to be very small.
I'm going ot be using a flatbed verticle hot foil press kobo 820 which has (apparently) 2Tonne force.

Hope you can help.

90 views and no answers? IS the question really that daft?

I guess I'll post a collective "sorry" for the group, but you'll find that bindery questions are pretty limited here and it appears that your question is even more specialized.

I, for one, don't even know what a kobo 820 is and in my sheetfed world we don't crease individual pages of a 30 page book but we do have to figure in "creep" for each page.

If you're really asking that question, then you might want to post in the prepress section.

Hopefully someone will post that knows what you're talking about. :)

Good Luck,
Dave

Thanks Dave. Kobo 820 is simply a cheap chinese hot foil press with a verticle ram. I probably confused matters by mentioning it.
On the base of the platten I have attached a die with a 2point creasing rule.

Your answer does seems to partially answer my question.. i.e you crease all in one hit. It was the manufacturer of creasing matrices that sugest I may need to crease 1 page at a time.... Could you please explain to me how you figure in creep.

thanks.

Stock from GF smith 240gsm plike as cover 17 sheets phoenixmotion xenon 135gsm

I was hoping for a more defined edge with the press. Other than the press all i have is a bookleteer and although it works, I'm not happy with the accuracy nor the form / bulging when using this method

We would crease with technifold on the mbo while folding (inline). We run lots of jobs like this everyday. I do not have any of the equipment that you have listed. Seems like a lot of setup on the press side. Can be done very easily on the folder.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back