Self Quarantine

gordo

523 Self Quarantine.jpg

That is exactly how it works (often) in Germany at this time: The Doctor won´t let you in his rooms and signs that you are not able to work , diagnosing you via telephone, so the Health System is paying you money. But, if you have a look to the Johns Hopkins site you will see, that Germany has the lowest Death Rate at this time...

Laugh or cry, it is up to you...

We are on Kurzarbeit, or Fulrough leave, that means I am expected to work only 10% of my normal workload. I do however get 100% paid as long as I sacrifice three days vacation per month.

We got cut to working one day a week a while ago because work petered out. It's not so much self quarantine as customer-driven quarantine.
Have set up a remote access from my home office to the prepress Mac & the file network where I work (the Space Coast of Florida) ...
In Reality, it IS a lack-of-work quarantine - maybe 3 billable hrs. a day (1099 heaven) ...

As I work in Support, nearly all our customers are using this time to dive deeper into our Print MIS system ( PressWise ) so, we are getting a lot of requests for GoToMeetings - as it is Cloud Based - 100% of us can work just fine from home

In Sydney Central Business District we are down to 5% of our previous work. 7 of our top 10 customers are hospitality or event companies and they have shut down here.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back