Setting QuickMaster rollers in PU1

Apphoard

I cannot find the red adjustment screws to adjust the 1st form to the distributer in pu1. I believe they are almost hidden because it says the forms need to be down to get to it. Does anyone know where they are? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Ps: Heidelberg wants to charge me to tell me over the phone!

Last edited:
Try Youtube and type in Quickmaster. You just might find what your looking for. They seem to have a lot of visual video demonstrations on that site that will cost you nothing to view. I cannot believe that Heidelberg would charge you for a phone consultation over the phone that for something they used to do for free. I think Bob Dylan wrote a song once callled The Times They are a Changin. Welcome to the new Heidelberg.

Open the top cover over the plate cyl. then look straight down the side frame where the plate cyl shaft goes in to the side frame and look just to the left of it... now put the ink forms on and off a couple of times and you should see the screw moving from under the cyl. shaft.

Open the top cover over the plate cyl. then look straight down the side frame where the plate cyl shaft goes in to the side frame and look just to the left of it... now put the ink forms on and off a couple of times and you should see the screw moving from under the cyl. shaft.

Thanks for your help I will look tomorrow!

Last edited:
Try Youtube and type in Quickmaster. You just might find what your looking for. They seem to have a lot of visual video demonstrations on that site that will cost you nothing to view. I cannot believe that Heidelberg would charge you for a phone consultation over the phone that for something they used to do for free. I think Bob Dylan wrote a song once callled The Times They are a Changin.
Welcome to the new Heidelberg.

Yes I thought that it was ridiculous that they wanted to charge me for that!
I mean come on, they must be hurting bad in the service department or something.

Just for your information, the red screws are for the 3rd form to dist roller!
1st form to dist / yellow screw, 2nd form to dist / blue screw, 3rd form to dist / red screw
1st form to plt / orange screw, 2nd form to plt / pink screw, 3rd form to plt / painted silver screw
Note: all form adj are CCW increases, CW decreases!
If you have any other issues, please give me a call!
Stan ipsqm46.com 720-285-9485

Just for your information, the red screws are for the 3rd form to dist roller!
1st form to dist / yellow screw, 2nd form to dist / blue screw, 3rd form to dist / red screw
1st form to plt / orange screw, 2nd form to plt / pink screw, 3rd form to plt / painted silver screw
Note: all form adj are CCW increases, CW decreases!
If you have any other issues, please give me a call!

Thanks a lot I found it. This is not my press a co-workers that can't set rollers and from what I have seen the QM is the most complicated I have seen to set rollers on. We set them by the book now the lower part of the pu1 is not cleaning up or recieving ink. I know it's one of the transfers but I think they may have shrunk so much they aren't big enough to work properly. They are probably over five years old. We are going to order the transfers at least.

I do carry rollers! I have the OEM Bottcher & ARC rollers. Give me a call and I'll be happy to quote you a set and also confirm the setting of the rollers. Usually you run out of adj on the ink forms 1st not the transfers, but being 5 years old who knows!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back