Shaping a product label to a keyline?

sineadanddesign

Hi

I'm creating a label that will be applied to a large round bucket. because of this the label can't be totally straight, it must have a slight curve on it to fit the naturally shape of the bucket.

I have a key line and the start of the artwork ( see attached) . I have angled the text boxes on the left and right to 3.197 degrees, which looks fine. Where i'm having trouble is how to angle the swosh blue bar at the bottom to the key line.

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best way to angle the label to this key line? I would really appraite the help. Thanks

Attachments

• label - with keyline?.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 147
I notice that the PDF artwork has been produced in InDesign.

This is a great example of why packaging is generally *not* produced in InDesign and why Illustrator is the preferred tool of packaging design and production.

You would use the envelope distort in Illustrator to “cupshape” specific elements to the dieshape (not the barcode though). Before doing too much work in InDesign (particularly text), I would convert the design over to Illustrator and forget about using InDesign.

Another option if you insist in using InDesign, would be to manually distort the elements in InDesign to match the die, using a curved template grid.

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• die-grid.pdf
    83.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Thanks Stephen. I'll take it into illustrator and use the envelope distort option. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks for the help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back