Sheetfed blanket shore A hardness

Lukew

Interested to find out your thoughts on the shor A hardness of blankets.

I've noticed the Kinyo blankets we use are overal 82 shore hardness, then with a bit of reading the German Contiair sheetfeed blankes range from 48 - 62 shore A hardness.
There contiair chrystal being the softest, but listed as the premium blanket for extremley sharpdot etc...

We are starting to print on lower quality recycled stocks with not so smooth surface = mottled print unless you don't squeese pressures down.

The softer blanket should help with these stocks yes? But there has to be downsides ?

Luke

I would assume that with the softer blankets there is greater dot gain - but that is controllable. Other than mottled print, have you seen any other problems???

with a hard blanket or that specific blanket?

RJ, I would love to respond, but it would be rather bias since I am a vendor for the SX10.
I can tell you the only issue i have ever encountered with the SX10's was with a customer that was 0.008 thou over packed.

Sx10

Sx10

Anthony,
That fine I am a long time user of the SX10 I am running Conti Prisma on all my presses I was looking for feedback on these blankets .My personal opinion is the SX10 is one of the best blankets out there. I found a supplier in Toronto that carries this blanket Im just holding off I buy alot of products from prisco and blankets is a big one. They used to carry the SX10.

Sx10

Sx10

Anthony,
The Prisma prints very well holds up well with blanket lines and works well with UV . I sometimes feel they are to soft not so bad on our Heidelbergs but on our 73" Rolland there is 58 thou under packing that is soft as it is. There is .10 pressure between blanket and plate prints fine but blanket needs to be tightened far to often . Solids on the 73" are awesome with one hit inker on Rolland superb . . When I operated a press the SX10 was my blanket of choice and at the time I converted the whole plant over . David M made some good blankets to . Where in Canada are you from ?

RJ

Sx10

Sx10

Anthony,
Yes I run uv all the time with the Prisma butI have never tryed the SX10 . I started running the SX10 in 1990 when I operated a Komori at Process Print & Litho then I moved over to Annan & Bird to operate there Heidelberg and move the whole plant over to the SX10 . Prisco sold them before but moved over to conti most people could not justify the cost of the SX10.
I have put it up against many blankets and it always comes out on top . Some of the new presses blankets are not as critical. Todays market every one is looking for cheap & cheerful
for me this is a false way of thinking most cheap products are cheap for a reason . It all depends on what type of work you are printing . i am the plant manager at Ti group we have four presses two 40" Heidelberg one SM 52 ONE Roland 900xxl 73'' . I have had your sales rep come and see me I was excited to see he had the Kinyo line of blankets. I must apologize I do not remember his name he has put in a good effort to sway me to put the SX10 in the shop. I am not having any issues with the Prisma and I have been dealing with
Darren at Prisco for a long time and i am very loyal to my suppliers . I am going to test the SX10 on the Rolland I will be calling next week . In speaking with youR rep he mention that people do run UV with the SX10 this is extremely important as I use the prisma all the time with UV. Its great to talk on these forms I enjoy the technical side of the business more than the management side . I enjoy trouble shooting problems and helping the press crews understand why these problems come happen . Regards Bob M 416-435-2494.

Blankets

Blankets

Gentlemen,

I suggest you read the PDF's - I've posted on this forum.

Thread - Printing Blanket Test, Date posted 07/03/2009

Regards, Alois

Sx10

Sx10

Rj,
I agree, I really enjoy learning the technical side and trying to figure out and solve issues. Granted i'm not as technically knowledgeable as most, but i'm learning and learn a lot from this forum and working with customers.
As far as the trial goes, I am really looking forward to hearing your notes on how the SX-10's compare to the Prisma for UV applications.
Thanks for taking the time to chat, I look forward to speaking with you in the future

Cheers,
Anthony
416-801-0277

Alois, thanks for the info, I will check that out! :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back