sheets not forwarding on manroland 300

Albert Noel

my press has an intermittent problem where it will sometimes not forward sheets through the feeder. i'm not really sure what else to do at this point.

occasionally, while starting a new job it will just refuse to grab and forward a sheet out into the feed table. pickup suckers work fine but when the forwarding suckers cycle they just dont snap onto the sheet.

we've tried replacing the suckers, pulling the whole head apart and blowing out the vacuum lines, pulling out and cleaning the pre-timed valve, all the way back to the vacuum pump where we replaced the filters and the veins.
we are getting plenty of vacuum and the head cycles through the motions but it just refuses to grab. if you idle the press and turn on the vacuum and hold a sheet up to the sucker it snaps on just fine. hell, we have it set so that the suckers are barely above the pile... they nearly drag on the top of the pile and still nothing.

the crazy part is, we can't duplicate the problem. sometimes it happens at the start of a job, sometimes mid-run. happens on all stock types too.
we had an independent technician come and take a look and he's baffled by it also.

his solution -> replace all 4 forwarding sucker blocks. (at a cost of $4500!)

can anyone suggest anything else to try before calling in an official manroland tech or potentially spending $4500 on parts that may or may not fix the problem?

Are the forwarding suckers dropping the sheet or not picking it up from the pickup suckers? If it's dropping the sheet have you checked that the timing between feeder head and forwarding rolls is correct? Good luck

Given the problem you described, and not having any experience with MAN, is it possible that the feeder suction head contains a radial valve and it may be slipping, throwing the vacuum timing off?

Feeder Issue

Feeder Issue

Hello,

I am manroland.
The first thing to check is if the output for the vaccuum is turning on.
If it is not turning on then the computer is not releasing the output.
Typically in this situation the sensors for the pile centering control are not seeing the load or they are not able to make the pile move to an acceptable position for operation.

Please call 1.800.676.5263 and ask for Glen or Scott. They can help you with this problem.

With Kind Regards,

Tron

I am having this exact same problem can anybody help our machine is down and our engineer has not had any luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back