shino died. damp motors slow speed, no data to press?

spigot

hi all, techs are stumped after a few days.
Press - Shino 75 5 colour 2005/6 model.
Symptoms are - damper motors are spinning at about half speed, and the ink key settings arent getting through to the press. console is showing change, but absolutely no change at the press end.
All hapened after a lightning event, which may or may not have contributed. Press showed errors, and wouldn allow some keys to be adjusted. Shut down, restarted fin in morning. ran all day, then did it again. restarted again, and completely gone.
So far, voltage ok, replaced 2 main pcb boards , (24 channel and ?8? channel)
Unplugged vasious things to find the break in comms, no change.
Techs are a bit puzzled. Has anyone seen anything like this, or possibly know where to look next?? i want to get back on and run some jobssss lol:D
Bindery is killing me:(
thanks

As far as i can understand, your machine is up n running. Correct me if I'm wrong. If u STILL have the problem with the damp-motors and the ink zones:

1) Check if you can move register on any PU (printing unit). My guess is you can 't.
2) Open all the drive side covers and after that, all the electical cabinets that are in front of the gears, just above the register mechanisms on every plate cylinder. Whenever you try to move register , or alter the ink zones, a red LED is blinking next to the big red coaxial cables. See if this LED is blinking on evey unit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back