Shipping Foam Core?

arossetti

Does you company ship printed foam core? If so how do you secure it?

Our usual shipments are normally 1-100 and go UPS. We spend a lot of time fabricating our own shipping "box" for each order with mixed results after UPS gets done with it.

Just wondering how everyone else handles it.

Last edited:
We ship it in a wooden box with metal edges, but that is because we ship then from our office to a trade show.

I suspect that the issue is getting the corners dinged / bent ? I can imagine any better method than fabricating wood or plastic corners that would go inside the box.

I would ship it the same way it gets shipped from the foamcore factory, just in a simple box, albeit a large box. The boxes we have here with the blank foamcore in them don't have any corner reinforcements and they are fine.

Use corner protectors, if die cut leave scrap around the edges, build a box that allows for bubble pack or paper packing around it. You will still get a few damaged packages but most will be fine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back