signa-printready error!

motormount

Hi all!

I'm having a little problem with signa and printready.

Every now and then,when i'm importing an older layout to a new job,or even sometimes when i'm creating jobs with autosheet function,page geometry isn't ''respected'' from printready or signa,and pages are not centered to their places.

I've uploaded a sample to help you see what i mean.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qlf2lp4msvz17i/150402T1_a58sel_FB 001_Work-and-turn.pdf?dl=0

Thats in prepress manager/signa 11

It doesn't happen all the time and i have not yet managed relating something with something(pdfs created with that software or layouts created with some common characteristic)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I think we've seen similar things in the past, since last couple of upgrades (we are on latest 2015 version) we have yet to see it.
Did you try usual suspects, resaving layout, printing new jdf, etc...
If you post JDF with couple of pages, I can try in new version and let you know result.

Thanks a lot,i can work around that problem,main problem is i can't trust it no more to make plates just preflighting the files and without checking the imposition,single man here-as in most small/middle size shops-and most of the times every second matters...

I'll send what i can to get a second opinion as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back